Monday, December 24, 2012

Home



June 12, 2011


We arrived home this afternoon and have been busy with laundry and family and laundry some more.

We flew into Dulles and stayed Saturday night at our friend Judi's although she was at a wedding in New York. We slept fairly well then drove home today. We had six hours to talk about the trip and point out to each other the lovely terrain we passed in Pennsylvania. Lots of it was prettier than many places along the Rhine, but the Mosel had it beat.

I don't want to leave out an odd fact about the airport in Basel. Part of it is in Switzerland and part in France. They're not kidding that things cost more in Switzerland. A bottle of coke in the part of the airport in France was 2.70 EU and in the part that was in Switzerland was the equivalent (Swiss use Swiss francs) of 5.10 EU.

All in all we enjoyed the experience although I think I'd have climbed the walls without that puzzle to fill down time on the boat. I'm not one to sit and look at scenery for hours. We've begun talking about our next trip. Don't know where or when. It's a little soon for me to jump right into another venture, but I liken it to childbirth. In time I'll only remember the good parts.

Hope all of you enjoyed whatever part of the emails you read & I hope you shared them with others.

Toby


No comments: